It’s important to make space for your disabled customers, especially as statistics show that 22% of UK shoppers are disabled but 75% have left a store or website due to poor service or accessibility issues
But let’s be honest, making your business accessible for disabled people can feel overwhelming at times. Especially if you are a small business.
The fear of getting it wrong is real and often it’s hard to know where to start.
That’s why learning how to be accessible from a disabled person is an important step in the right direction.
Who am I?
My name is Hannah Hoskins and I am an online disability educator. I use humour and honesty to break through the barriers of disability to explain what it’s really like living in a disabled body.
I also run my own small business called Not Your Grandma’s which puts me in the unique position of understanding how to make your business more accessible, without breaking the bank!
You can learn more about me by going to: https://notyourgrandmas.co.uk/about/
What you will learn
- What actually counts as a disability (spoiler alert it’s more than just someone in a wheelchair)
- What access really means
- How to create an access friendly environment in both your online and offline business
- How to talk about access requirements with your disabled customers (and how not to!)
- Specific steps to take to make your business immediately more accessible.
- Free tools and software that you can use to create access
Creating an accessible business doesn’t have to be hard or expensive so let’s make a pledge to be more accessible today and you can do that by buying this course now!
You will automatically be sent a link to the class so you can watch it in your own time at your own pace. All classes are fully captioned.